TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms for brands and influencers alike to create User Generated Content (UGC) that can increase engagement and brand awareness. With its short-form video format and virality, TikTok is an excellent platform for creating content that resonates with your audience. In this post, we'll explore the top 15 TikTok UGC ideas with real-world examples to inspire your next viral video.
But first, here are some advantages of using UGC for your business:
Advantages of UGC
- Builds trust and authenticity - UGC is created by real people who have had genuine experiences with your brand, product, or service. This makes it more authentic and trustworthy compared to traditional marketing messages that are created by businesses themselves.
Increases engagement - UGC can increase engagement on social media by encouraging followers to share their own experiences and opinions. When customers see their content being shared by a brand, it can lead to a sense of community and connection.
- Enhances brand awareness - When customers share UGC that features your brand, it can reach a wider audience and increase brand awareness. This is especially true when users tag your brand or use branded hashtags, making it easier for others to discover your brand.
Boosts SEO - UGC can improve your search engine optimization (SEO) by increasing the amount of user-generated content on your website. Search engines view UGC as fresh and relevant, which can improve your search rankings.
Top 15 TikTok UGC Ideas
- Challenges - Challenges are a popular way to create UGC on TikTok, and they can be a great way to attract new followers and engage your existing audience. A great example of a TikTok challenge is the "Renegade" dance challenge, started by a 14-year-old dancer, Jalaiah Harmon. Within a few months, the dance had gone viral and attracted millions of users worldwide.
Hashtag campaigns - Hashtag campaigns can be a powerful way to generate UGC on TikTok. An excellent example of a successful branded hashtag campaign is the #SeeTheGood campaign by TikTok itself. Users were encouraged to share feel-good stories and positive moments on the platform, and the campaign generated over 3.5 billion views.
- User testimonials - User testimonials can be a great way to build trust and credibility with your audience. A great example of a user testimonial is the video by @valisvolkova, who shared her experience of using the skin-care brand, Curology. Her honest and positive review helped the brand gain more than 40,000 followers.
How-to videos - How-to videos can be a great way to provide value to your audience and demonstrate your expertise. An excellent example of how-to videos on TikTok is the cooking tutorial by the user @cookingwithayeh. Her easy-to-follow recipes, combined with beautiful visuals, have garnered her over 1.8 million followers.
Duet videos - Duet videos are a fun way to collaborate with other TikTok users and create UGC that can go viral. A fun example of a duet video is the "Flip the Switch" challenge by Jimmy Fallon and Jennifer Lopez. The challenge involves two people switching clothes and dancing to Drake's song "Nonstop." The challenge went viral and attracted millions of views.
Reaction videos - Reaction videos can be a great way to create UGC that is both entertaining and engaging. An excellent example of reaction videos is the video by @bellapoarch, who reacted to a Korean snack for the first time. Her video went viral, and the brand of the snack saw a surge in sales.
Behind-the-scenes - Behind-the-scenes content can be a great way to give your audience a glimpse into your creative process and build brand loyalty. A great example of behind-the-scenes content is the video by the fashion brand, Fenty Beauty, which showed the making of a makeup ad. The video gave viewers a glimpse into the brand's creative process and garnered over 4 million views.
- Product demos - Product demos can be a great way to showcase your products and provide value to your audience. An excellent example of product demos is the video by @sarah_nourse, who demonstrated the Dyson hair dryer. Her video provided valuable information to her followers and gained her over 1.1 million followers.
Funny videos - Funny videos can be a great way to create UGC that is both entertaining and shareable. A popular example of funny videos is the video by @420doggface208, who skateboarded down the street while sipping on Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry juice and singing Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams." The video went viral and helped to increase the brand's
Personal stories - Sharing personal stories can be a powerful way to connect with your audience on a deeper level. A great example of a personal story on TikTok is the video by @thegabbieshow, who shared her experience of being a survivor of sexual assault. Her video sparked an important conversation about sexual assault and helped to raise awareness about the issue.
- Before and after videos - Before and after videos can be a great way to showcase the effectiveness of your products or services. An excellent example of before and after videos is the video by @abbieherbert_, who demonstrated the transformation of her eyebrows using a brow pen. Her video showcased the effectiveness of the product and helped to increase sales.
Educational videos - Educational videos can be a great way to provide valuable information to your audience and establish yourself as an expert in your field. A great example of educational videos on TikTok is the video by @domesticblisters, who provided a tutorial on how to make soap at home. Her video provided valuable information to her followers and gained her over 3 million views.
- Trends and challenges - Jumping on current trends and challenges can be a great way to create UGC that resonates with your audience. An excellent example of trends and challenges is the "Buss It" challenge, which involves a transition from a casual outfit to a more glamorous look. The challenge went viral, and many users created their own versions of the challenge.
Q&A videos - Q&A videos can be a great way to connect with your audience and answer their questions. An excellent example of Q&A videos is the video by @tessholliday, who answered questions about body positivity and her personal journey. Her video sparked an important conversation and helped to promote body positivity.
- Mashup videos - Mashup videos can be a great way to create UGC that is both entertaining and creative. A great example of mashup videos is the video by @caitlyncooke.xo, who combined different songs and dances to create a unique and entertaining video. Her video went viral, and she gained over 700,000 followers.
Check out our product CasaUGC, that helps you display UGC In Shoppable Galleries - Visit Casa
Thus, to summarize here's why you should TikTok for UGC:
In conclusion, TikTok provides endless opportunities to create UGC that can engage and inspire your audience. By leveraging the power of challenges, hashtags, testimonials, how-to videos, duets, reactions, behind-the-scenes content, product demos, personal stories, before and after videos, educational videos, trends and challenges, Q&A videos, and mashup videos, you can create UGC that resonates with your audience and helps to increase brand awareness and sales. Use these top 15 TikTok UGC ideas with real-world examples to inspire your next viral video and take your TikTok game to the next level.
CasaUGC helps you grow UGC on Instagram and display it on your website in shoppable galleries